Hardwood flooring with a factory-applied finish is not only faster and easier to install, but it performs better over time. To produce the highest quality hardwood flooring, stains and finish coatings are applied and dried in a factory-controlled environment. High-performance aluminum oxide urethane coatings are subjected to as many as seven passes of ultraviolet light to cure the urethane to the wood and preserve its color, thus creating an extremely durable finish. By comparison, site-finished floors typically receive only 2-3 coats of polyurethane and then are allowed to cure by air drying.
Advantages of prefinished floors:
- Less time to install: flooring arrives already sanded and finished
- No drying or curing time required, floors are ready to walk on immediately after installation
- No strong odors or dust from sanding during installation
- No need to relocate family during finishing
- Prefinished floors come with a manufacturer’s warranty against board defects
- Can be sanded and refinished multiple time