Prefinished | LVT | Sheet Vinyl | Laminate | Bamboo
LVT, which stands for ‘Luxury Vinyl Tile’, offers a 3D printing technology that adds depth and realism, durability, with a high-performance wear layer to vinyl. LVT offers the option of a less permanent floor than wood or ceramic tile, especially with the growing popularity of floating LVT floors. At Bennett Crone we are aware of how important it is when you are selecting between a wood or ceramic floor. We understand it will be in your home for a very long time and you should really be in love with it.
Advantages of LVT:
- Makes remodeling projects are much easier
- The look and feel of nature’s best materials at a lower cost are a reality of Luxury Vinyl Tile flooring manufacturing
- The size options vary by manufacturer, but many styles are available in 12 x 12”, 18 x 18”, 12 x 24” sizes, and planks in standard (3 x 36” 4.5 x 36) and extra-large widths (7 or 9’ widths).
- Simple damp mopping is the recommended cleaning procedure for LVT floors
What differentiates one LVT from another?
• Wearlayer thickness: the thicker the better. The wear layer is usually a heavy film of vinyl cover with a UV Cured Urethane wear layer for better scuff, stain, and scratch resistance. Is there a difference between a 12 mil vinyl wearlayer and a 12 mil wearlayer with a urethane coating? Definitely. Urethane provides better scuff, stain, and scratch resistance. Wearlayer thickness is measured in mils.
• Installation System: depending on the environment the product is being installed should determine the installation requirements of the product. For Example; if an area is subject to heavy rolling loads, and pinch points, a glue down product is a better installation option than a floating installation. Loose Lay or Glue Down?